top of page

孔平仲《詠無核紅柿》“On stoneless red persimmons” by Kong Pingzhong (fl. 11th century)

Writer's picture: RachelleRachelle

林中有丹果, In the grove there are cinnabar fruits

壓枝一何。 Weighing down the branches - how very dense!

為柿已軟美, [You] persimmons are already soft and fine,

嗟爾骨亦。 O your bones are supple too.

風霜變顔色, Wind and frost change your colour,

雨露加膏。 Rain and dew add to your plumpness.

大哉造化心, So great is the mind of Creation,

于爾何綢。 How delicate its touch is on you!

荆筐載趨市, In wicker baskets [you are] carried to the market,

價賤良易。 At a small price [you are] truly easy to get.

剖心無所有, Carving out your heart - none is to be found;

入口頗相。 Taking [you] into the mouth - quite an enjoyment.

為栗外屈强, Chestnuts are stubborn outside,

老者所不。 Elders cannot take [them].

為棗中亦剛, Jujubes are hard inside too,

飼兒㦸其。 [And] stick in the throat when fed to children.

衆言咀嚼快, Everybody speaks of savouring with delight:

惟爾無所。 Only you raise no concern.

排羅置前列, One next to another [you are] placed in the front,

圓熟當髙。 Round and ripe in the prime of autumn.

且以恱一時, Therein [one] finds pleasure here and now,

長久豈暇。 Who has the leisure to plan for times beyond?

咄哉潰爛速, What a pity, [you] decay so fast,

棄擲將誰[1] For your discarding, who shall be blamed?

[1] Red characters rhyme.


* From Kong Wenzhong, Qingjiang san Kong ji 清江三孔集 (Wenyuange yingyin Siku quanshu文淵閣景印四庫全書vol. 1345, Shanghai: Shanghai guji chubanshe, 1987), 21.23b-24a: https://ctext.org/library.pl?if=en&file=1407&page=74.

Detail of the hanging scroll "Lishi tu" 荔柿圖 by Shen Zhou 沈周 (1427-1509)

Picture credit: The Palace Museum, Beijing (https://m-minghuaji.dpm.org.cn/paint/appreciate?id=9e5f612b63a944d2bb857b99219d78dd)



 

Copyright Declaration*:


The texts and images used on the website of Rachelle's Lab are either from the public domain (e.g. Wikipedia), databases with open data licenses (e.g. Shuhua diancang ziliao jiansuo xitong 書畫典藏資料檢索系統, National Palace Museum, Taipei), online libraries that permit reasonable use (e.g. ctext.org), or original work created for this website.


Although fair use of the website for private non-profit purposes is permitted, please note that the website of Rachelle's Lab and its content (including but not limited to translations, blog posts, images, videos, etc.) are protected under international copyright law. If you want to republish, distribute, or make derivative work based on the website content, please contact me, the copyright owner, to get written permission first and make sure to link to the corresponding page when you use it.


版權聲明:


本站所使用的圖片,皆出自公有領域(如維基)、開放數據庫(如臺北故宮博物院書畫典藏資料檢索系統)、允許合理引用的在線圖書館(如中國哲學電子化計劃)及本人創作。本站允許對網站內容進行個人的、非營利性質的合理使用。但請注意,本站及其內容(包括但不限於翻譯、博文、圖像、視頻等)受國際版權法保護。如需基於博客內容進行出版、傳播、製作衍生作品等,請務必先徵求作者(本人)書面許可,并在使用時附上本站鏈接,註明出處。


*Read more about copyright and permission here.


0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Comments


bottom of page